søndag 1. juli 2012

A THOUSAND ROADS LEAD MEN FOREVER TO ROME

I've been absent from this blog for a while due to my final exams. I can now declare myself FREE as I've finally graduated! The word free tastes wonderful, don't you think? Thirteen years of mandatory school is now over, and I can breathe again. I passed all my exams and got good results, and I'm really proud of that. My pride can't compete with the great feeling of relief though! Some of you have stopped by my blog and left sweet comments while I was busy diving into books, thank you so much for that! Primarily I write for my own pleasure, but if I in some way can inspire others or just entertain, that's a huge plus for me. I'll write a post about my future plans later, but let's focus on the immediate ones for now:


The day after tomorrow I'm leaving for Rome! Travelling is one of the things I love the most, and I'm very excited. I am wanderlust. I love everything that has to do with it. Airports, air planes, waiting for ages, cheap hotels, meeting new and interesting people, getting lost, seeing and experiencing new things... The world has so much to offer and I want so see it all! 




I'm restless. I can't stay in one place for too long. I want to see everything and experience everything! My greatest fear is that I will not be able to say "I have lived my life to the fullest" when my days come to an end(that or dying with something important unsaid). There is so much wonderful in this world. I don't know if there's a God or not, but in any case we have been given this beautiful planet. I simply don't want to waste my days on it doing nothing. 


I'm not going to express my thoughts on the meaning of life though, just my love for travelling. I think you can grow a lot as a person when you travel and take in all the foreign impressions. You can learn of other cultures, get to know yourself and the ones you're travelling with better, see things from another perspective... there's so much to it! 


I'm going to Rome with my boyfriend. What better place is there to be when you're young and in love? I look forward to making wonderful memories in the eternal city, and I hope to learn a bit as well. Of what I don't know, but isn't that just the point?


I would love to hear about your plans for the summer and your thoughts about this! 


-E

1 kommentar:

  1. Nice post dear!! Thank you for following on bloglovin! I am following you back! GFC stands for google friend connect, it's another tool to follow your blog...

    Have a nice day, xoxo lorena

    http://www.lolitainthemix.blogspot.com

    SvarSlett